Monday, July 25, 2016

2017-18 School Year

 

Welcome to the 2017-18 school year!  I am honored and excited to be a part of our Strafford Elementary school family.  My role as school counselor is to encourage and support each student and family as we reach for and attain educational, social, and emotional goals this school year.

Our classroom guidance lessons will be centered around the resource,  7 Habits of a Happy Kid written by Sean Covey.  The premise of the book is to empower students to take responsibility for the learning process.  When one is vested in any pursuit, the development of leadership and self pride is evident.  We will explore and employ synergy, working together, as an effective and fulfilling method for achieving growth in the educational, social and emotional domains.   

I want to serve as a resource for each student and family in our community. In addition to regularly scheduled classroom guidance, I am available for small group and individual counseling for your child upon request.  Please email or call me if I can be of any assistance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment