Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Welcome



Dear Families,

I am honored to be starting my third year as the Strafford Elementary Counselor. I have a degree in Early Childhood Education from Missouri State University, a Master’s Degree in School Counseling from Evangel University and have taught in the classroom for over ten years.  I have also been a Parent Educator with the Parents As Teacher’s program and believe strongly in the link between parents and schools. 

 As counselor, I get to implement the four components of the Missouri Comprehensive Guidance Program which include classroom guidance, system support, responsive services, and individual planning.  As a part of the classroom guidance I am in your child’s classroom presenting lessons every other week.  These lessons cover topics such as work place skills, getting along with others, dealing with stress, drug and alcohol awareness, and career planning.  I love being in the classroom and getting to know your child.  Please check the link to the Master Calendar to see what we are talking about this month.

I feel privileged to have the opportunity to work with you and your student.   It is my desire to help your child reach their full potential at school and home.  If I can be of service to your family, please contact me.

Mrs. Christy Willis
Elementary Counselor
736-7000 ext. 1237

No comments:

Post a Comment